Monday, December 1, 2008

New lens - Canon EF 85 mm f/1.8 USM

I just made myself a Christmas gift - Canon EF 85 mm f/1.8 USM. I am very glad I did - I tried it in a studio in the same day and I love it! It gives quite sharp picture full open (f 1.8) and it gives absolutely pin sharp one when closed just a little. Also background blur looks very nice with bright spots looking round rather than polygonal. Another nice thing is that autofocus is very fast. Well, I read all that in the reviews I found in the internet before buying this lens, I am just glad I can agree with all statements.

For studio use with my cropped EOS 40D it needs some space; but I bought it having full-frame EOS 5D Mk II in mind... If everything goes well I consider buying one next spring.

Pretty smile - trying new EF 85 mm f/1.8
This picture was made at f3.5



---------

No comments: