Sunday, May 4, 2008

Photo exhibitions in Belgium (continued)

follow-up to my previous post

This weekend I visited a small photo club exhibition in Leuven and annual international photo festival in Knokke-Heist.

Exhibition in Leuven is very small - just one room. It seems to be typical for photography club shows that the level of pictures is very un-even. There are some nice photos and some so-so.

The festival in Knokke-Heist is spread over several locations. The cultural center of Knokke hosts Frans Lanting 'Life' project, and a selection of World Press Photo pictures. Laguna Hall hosts Wildlife photographer of the year exhibition, and International photo competition gallery. (I mention only main expositions, there are few more shows in the city). Again, as the last year, several good photographs from Vietnam catched my eye. Don't get me wrong, there are good pictures from different countries, but it seems Vietnam is the only one showing several good photographs at once. I don't know why - Vietnam isn't so wellknown by it's photographers. Perhaps fotofestival in Knokke is the only place outside their country they managed to know so far...

---------

No comments: